[MPlayer-users] problem encoding a compliant DVD from an XviD source movie

Joey Parrish joey.parrish at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 07:22:04 CEST 2007

On 4/14/07, Prabu(A.G.Oliveira) <mahaprabr at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> Hi friends from Mplayer&Mencoder list!!!
>
> I'm a beginner and I've been trying hard (without sucess) to encode some
> movies to see on TV.
>
> for example, one of my source movie is:
>
> Lost_S03_E01.avi - VIDEO:  [XVID]  608x336  24bpp  23.976 fps  1019.6
> kbps (124.5 kbyte/s
>
> And I would like to put it on a dvd (with subtitles) to watch on tv.

I tried to author compliant DVDs with MEncoder a couple years ago and
had no success.  But I would find it great to be able to do so.  I'll
try again over the next couple days, beginning with your options and
report back what, if anything, works for me.  I'll also compare
results to TMPG, which isn't free but always works.

--Joey