[MPlayer-users] Sub or Audio Track switching...

Baxter Kylie baxter.kylie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 22:55:04 CEST 2007

Hi. I've seen some pieces floating about the web regarding existing faults
in lavf and ogm_demux (specifically inability to switch audio streams or
inability to display subtitles). What I haven't been able to locate are
whether or not these issues have plans to be addressed or whether or not
they've been deemed 'fringe'.

I have a great deal of content I've ripped the last four or five years in
various formats (avi,ogm, mkv) and with any hot-rod windows-user's careless
inconsistency (eg, lang1 is not always BR sub2 is not always ENG). Thus far
I have not found any working solution within mplayer to have both working
subtitles and multi-track audio with in-stream switching. Specifying a track
at command-line isn't really as the playback machine is a mythbox. I know
vlc handles this switching with all of the above containers but I prefer to
use mplayer.

Just wanted to know if there's been a workaround or if a fix is in the pipe
or whether vlc is really my only option.

Regards,
~B