[MPlayer-users] Encode HD to lower resolution to play without "your system is too SLOW"

dmantipov dmantipov at yandex.ru
Tue Apr 10 18:43:34 CEST 2007

At this time, I'm experimenting with @1080 HD movie above and '-oac lavc -ovc x264 -x264encopts subq=6:partitions=all:8x8dct:me=umh:frameref=5:bframes=3:b_pyramid:weight_b' encoding options, which are taken from the docs :-). Combined with '-vf scale=1280:720', it encodes at _really_ painful 3 fps :-(, but reduces the size from ~93 Mb to ~20 Mb. Playing the result eats ~42-45% CPU.

> and I get the running audio, which resets at every seek (and starts at
> 0). using  -nobps fixes the speed issue, but not the seeking. Any ideas
> about this, or any other container suggestion?

Whoops - I've got exactly the same effect ! Sound resets and restarts from the beginning at every seek. If I didn't seek, sound plays normally. What a nasty issue, really.

Dmitry