[MPlayer-users] Precise seeking / video cutting

Sam Wong sam at hellosam.net
Tue Apr 10 10:06:31 CEST 2007

On 4/10/07, Sam Wong <sam at hellosam.net> wrote:

> On 4/10/07, Saurabh Singhvi <saurabhsinghvi at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > IIRC, there is an option (you'll have to do man mplayer) which
> > allows for exact frame usage. I think if you search for exact in
> > the man page, you should probably find it.
> >
> > sorry that I don't remember the exact option.
>

> Do you mean -idx (or -forceidx)? I tried both but no luck.  More input is
> welcome and very apperciated.

Sorry I have mistaken -hr-edl-seek. I didn't feed the mencoder the EDL at
all LOL. Sorry about that.

But with -hr-edl-seek, all it does is to decoding from the very beginning
(just like 'transcode -x mplayer') which is very slow. It would be great if
the encoding is started from the previous I-Frame instead. Was there such a
feature? If not, may be I should turn to the dev list to see if it's too
hard to add...

Sam