[MPlayer-users] [Bug] Choppy video in mplayer svn

Jorge Fábregas jfabregas at onelinkpr.net
Sun Apr 8 02:19:32 CEST 2007

On Saturday 07 April 2007 3:45 pm, Mrc Gran wrote:
> Do you observe the same behaviour as I do?

I tried the new link you provided on Windows Media Player and it plays fine
there.  I tried on mplayer (with cache 4096) and initially plays fine but
then the chopping starts.  So, basically I have the same results as you.

> It seems that the *cache* option in mplayer, somehow, is fundamentally
> different from the *buffer*  of totem and wmp: for some reason, totem and
> wmp replenish the content of the buffer with recently received frames,
> letting the buffer as full as possible. mplayer, instead, uses the cache to
> cache only the *inital* part of the video, and after that part has been
> played, the cache is pretty useless.

I believe you are right. I'm clueless now. Let's see if someone else comes up
with a solution or an explanation.

Jorge