[MPlayer-users] Problem with Mplayer on Win95

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Apr 8 01:40:54 CEST 2007

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 18:39:25 -0400
Michael Powell <mlp at fewpb.net> wrote:

> vo_directx (some text about the error being FATAL)
> failed getting proc address: DirectrDrawCreateFx
>
> My Win95 box has DirectX 5, and SiS 5597/5598 video.  I have tried
> using  other -vo options, with various other errors encountered.

That isn't remotely enough information for someone to help you (unless
they just happen to have experienced the same problem).

> I attempted to upgrade DirectX (if that'd help), and couldn't find a
> more up-to-date version

DirectX 8.0a.  Get it (and save it) before Microsoft hides it forever.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=746f9e61-98f4-491d-8335-27fac7d46258&DisplayLang=en

> Also, I tried a couple of the GUI's that are out there.

A GUI isn't going to make it work any better.