[MPlayer-users] [Bug] Choppy video in mplayer svn

Jorge Fábregas jfabregas at onelinkpr.net
Sat Apr 7 17:45:19 CEST 2007

On Saturday 07 April 2007 5:53 am, Mrc Gran wrote:
> The following video works fine on Windows Media Player.
> But it is *very* choppy in mplayer, impossible to watch.

Hi,

I can confirm the behaviour (using the command line you used) but it plays
fine if I specify the cache option.  Try using:

mplayer -cache 4096 ....

Why dows Windows Media Player plays it fine? Threre are 2 reasons I think:

1- Apparently the bandwidth for the site is not good
2- Windows Media Player caches more data than the default caching in mplayer
whe "cache" is not specified.

HTH,
Jorge