[MPlayer-users] Re: [BUG] mencoder -oac lavc produces bad audio sync

Joey Parrish joey.parrish at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 00:18:40 CEST 2007

On 4/3/07, Joey Parrish <joey.parrish at gmail.com> wrote:
> ./mencoder $anything -ovc lavc -oac lavc -lavcopts
> acodec=mp3:abitrate=64:vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=200 -o noname.avi
> I also tried acodec=mp2 and acodec=ac3, same issues.
>
> Using mplayer noname.avi, video gets ahead of audio very fast.
> Using mplayer -nobps noname.avi, it plays correctly.
> Even with nobps option, audio restarts on any seek.
>
> If audio is encoded with mp3lame instead of lavc, the resulting file
> has no problems what-so-ever.
[snip]
> In the mean time, I will continue my svn
> search and try to identify the key change.

Aha!  I found it.  If I revert this change, the problem vanishes:
http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk/libmpcodecs/ae_lavc.c?r1=21787&r2=21789&view=patch
This is a December 29th commit by Michael.  If there are any devs
still listening on this list, please look into it.  I don't know
enough about the code in question to grok the problem or the fix
myself.  For now, I will patch my local copy.

Thank you,
--Joey