[MPlayer-users] Re: SVN Compilation in Win XP (MinGW)

Alexander Bokovikov openworld at uralweb.ru
Mon Apr 2 19:32:38 CEST 2007

Reimar D?ffinger wrote:

> Although it is a bit outdated by now, there is still my
> MinGW-build-package here:
> http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/~reimar/mpl_mingw32.zip
> Just dropping its contents into MPlayer sources and using mplmconf
> script to configure should work.

Thanks A LOT!!! It looks just like what I'd like to have!
Though I have a couple of questions just for better understanding:

1. Does "--enable-gui" matter for both MPlayer and MEncoder, or it is just
for MPlayer and has no affect to MEncoder?

2. I've noticed the SDL reference in your script, and there are two options,
looking as mutually-opposite: "--with-sdl-config=" and "--disable-sdl". How
should I understand it?

Am I correct in my understanding, that I need to remove both options, if I
just need to compile a commandline tool? I don't need GUI. And I have a care
about MEncoder only at present. Does this my wish affect to the
configuration string?

Also can I partially update some external libraries, which I've downloaded
and compiled? Can I copy just ".a" and ".h" files with similar names? Or is
it danderous?

Thanks a lot.