[MPlayer-users] mplayer amd64 quicktime 1920 x 1080p audio not in sync

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Mon Apr 2 19:27:21 CEST 2007

>Jerry Geis wrote:>
>
>>/ HI All,
/>>/
/>>/ I have a 1920x1080p monitor with amd64 3000+ CPU.
/>>/ I am using mplayer rc1.
/>>/ I am playing a pirates of the Caribbean  quicktime 1920x1080p  trailer.
/>>/
/>>/ When playing the trailer I do not get audio and video sync.
/>>/
/>>/ I tried adding the "-autosync 30" and it helped a little but not great
/>>/ and still noticable.
/>>/ At this point I did not see any errors about syncing or frame errors
/>>/ or anything.
/>>/
/>>/ I then added -framedrop and the audio syncs up with the video but
/>>/ there are NOTICEABLE
/>>/ jerks in the video.
/>>/
/>>/ I also see with -framedrop many errors on the console about "error
/>>/
/>>/ Is quicktime codec not fully supported under 64 bits?
/>>/ Any ideas on how to run this so the playback is smooth?
/>>/
/>>/ Jerry>/
>Hi

>Your PC is too slow to play 1080p, look at CPU load, it must be far
>above 100% (mplayer counts how it would be if no frames skipped)

>Phil

PHil,

I did look at top and idle is 0.

One thing I did not add is I have an NVIDIA video card.

I would have thought that NVIDIA card with a 3000+ 64 bit AMD cpu would have
played 1080p.

What is the minimum CPU I need for this?

Jerry