[MPlayer-users] Containers

Mattia mattia.list at quipo.it
Mon Apr 2 15:04:17 CEST 2007

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 22:35:42 +0200
Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> containers that have support for storing both pts and dts in their
> headers: mpeg*, mp4/mov, mkv (all of the above suck in some or many
> respects) or nut :)

Can you please explain why matroska sucks?
This isn't the first negative comment I read about matroska.
Recently I decide to switch container: from avi to something that
support x264/aac, language id for audio tracks and subtitles.
Matroska seems good to me but it doesn't support vobsub subtitles and
mplayer eats a lot of cpu while playing it on my laptop (1.8GHz).

Do you really suggest nut? It seems to me that nobody uses this; there
are no examples on internet.