[MPlayer-users] libgii.so.0 not found.

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Apr 1 20:55:34 CEST 2007

Andreas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Whenever I want to start mplayer nowadays, I get this:
>
> mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libgii.so.0: cannot
>
> Anybody know how to fix this?

Three ways:

If that library exists on your system somewhere, tell the runtime linker
where to find it. I believe that's just a matter of adding the
appropriate directory to /etc/ld.so.conf and running ldconfig.

If the library does not exist on your system, install it.

As an alternative to doing either of the above: recompile MPlayer from
source directly (preferably from the latest SVN version). If you can get
it to compile at all, it should not contain any dependencies on
libraries which were not on your system at the time of compilation.

> I'm running a p4 gentoo box with mplayer-1.0_rc2_pre20070321-r4..

There is no such version as '1.0rc2'. There may be someday; then again,
the next release may be the final 1.0. That is (obviously enough) a
third-party packaged version, and such versions are not supported on
these mailing lists.

> These are my use-flags for mplayer:
>
> USE="X a52 aac aalib alsa amr arts bidi bindist cddb cdparanoia dga
> directfb dts dv dvb dvd dvdread enca encode esd fbcon ftp ggi gif gtk

That said, however: from what I can tell, 'gii' is closely interrelated
with - and probably is in fact part of - ggi. Try removing that.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.