[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer command line for picture quality

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 16:31:09 CEST 2006

> > mplayer is compiled with nvidia support.  Will it automatically put
> > the nvidia driver to use when it's using xv?
>
> XV is XV.  It has everything to do with your X11 driver, and nothing to
> do with MPlayer.  What are you expecting MPlayer to do?

I know that my Nvidia GeForce 6200 video card has special provisions
for DVD playback called PureVideo and I'm trying to make sure mplayer
is taking advantage of that if it can.  I'm using the binary driver
from Nvidia.

Any tips on improving picture quality?  My TV can do 1366x768 and the
picture seems to be scaling automatically when put into fullscreen
mode.

- Grant