[MPlayer-users] How to reduce the volume independently

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Sep 29 12:19:03 CEST 2006

Deepak Pandey wrote:

> RC wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:29:15 +0530 Deepak Pandey
>> <deepak.pandey at wipro.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a way to control the volume of the instances
>>> independently.
>>
>> -softvol
>
> Hi can you just elaborate on -softvol on how to use it or can you
> suugest any documentation explaining the same.

It doesn't really need much explanation or elaboration, beyond what's
provided in the man page.

'-softvol' turns on software volume adjustment, and thereafter MPlayer's
internal "increase and decrease the volume" commands will change only
the volume of the audio being played in that instance of MPlayer.

> immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any
> attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email.
> The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the
> presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage

Sending E-mail to public mailing lists with this sort of thing attached
is at best impolite, and generally makes you look stupid because such
disclaimers are utterly nonsensical when not sent to some specific
individual. If at all possible, please try to avoid posting to public
mailing lists from addresses which automatically add such notes.

Also, please learn to snip when replying - signatures in particular.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.