[MPlayer-users] svn file retrieving

Andrew Savchenko Bircoph at list.ru
Fri Sep 29 05:20:53 CEST 2006

On 29 Sep 2006 06:38, The Wanderer wrote:
> Andrew Savchenko wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > How can I retrieve *one* file from svn with given revision (without
> > retrieving whole tree/directory)? For example, I need to retrive
> > DOCS/xml/en/codecs.xml with r19687 to make diff vs r19848 and
> > update russian translation of this file respectively.
>
> Trivial:
>
> svn update DOCS/xml/en/codecs.xml -r19687

No, it is not so trivial. I've tried the command you wrote before
sending previous post. Here is result:

$ svn up DOCS/xml/en/codecs.xml -r 19687
At revision 19687.

My current revision is 20001 and svn won't "update" to the older
revision.

> > Unfortuanately, builtin svn help is very terse and I can't find
> > suitable info there.
>
> ....?? It's right there under the 'update' command, at the very
> top...
>

> wanderer at pegasus:~/text/src/svn/mplayer/mplayer-clean$ svn help
> update | head -n 2
> update (up): Bring changes from the repository into the working copy.
> usage: update [PATH...]
>

> The optional PATH argument, while perhaps not as explicit as it might
> be (since it is mentioned nowhere in the rest of the output), seems
> to me to be plenty to at least point you in the direction of an
> experiment.

This argument can't be used properly, because svn wan't downgrade.