[MPlayer-users] svn file retrieving

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Sep 29 04:38:12 CEST 2006

Andrew Savchenko wrote:

> Hi!
>
> How can I retrieve *one* file from svn with given revision (without
> retrieving whole tree/directory)? For example, I need to retrive
> DOCS/xml/en/codecs.xml with r19687 to make diff vs r19848 and update
> russian translation of this file respectively.

Trivial:

svn update DOCS/xml/en/codecs.xml -r19687

> Unfortuanately, builtin svn help is very terse and I can't find
> suitable info there.

...?? It's right there under the 'update' command, at the very top...

wanderer at pegasus:~/text/src/svn/mplayer/mplayer-clean$ svn help update |
head -n 2
update (up): Bring changes from the repository into the working copy.
usage: update [PATH...]

The optional PATH argument, while perhaps not as explicit as it might be
(since it is mentioned nowhere in the rest of the output), seems to me
to be plenty to at least point you in the direction of an experiment.

Incidentally, this isn't really a user question - not an MPlayer user
question, anyway (it is an SVN user question). This should probably have
been asked either on the development list or on the translations list
(although admittedly the latter would have gotten no response from me,
as I don't read that one).

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.