[MPlayer-users] TV capture and playback, sound problems and splitting

Grzegorz Nowak gnowak at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 11:47:18 CEST 2006

On 9/28/06, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:
> > This works, but the sound has echo... I think it is very strange.
>
> Use alsamixer or whatever mixer to mute your "Line" device.
It's because the input "PCM" switch interacts with the "Line in"
switch. When I mute "Line in" there is no sound, but when I mute "PCM"
only, the sound will be delayed coming from "Line in". I fixed it with
-delay 0.5, but then my channel switching is a bit rusty.. I(I switch
channels with my video recorder).

> > (difference 22ms). I then believe it will be in sync.. I therefore try
> > this: adding -mc 0.1 -audio-delay 0 -audio-preload 0 -noskip -delay 0
>
> Try -mc 0 and -mc 10.
It didn't improve my results. I think it is something with the
immediatemode=0 (which is default "0" when using mencoder). It would
be nice, if I could capture the sound directly from the line in
device, bypassing all the fancy switches... (and still get video and
audio the same length...Hmmm.. )

> Otherwise, you probably need to use a different soundcard...
Hmm okay, I have Creative Audigy running on Ubuntu linux distribution.

Thank's for the input.

Grzegorz