[MPlayer-users] [BUG] Mencoder crash with vb_strategy=2

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Sep 27 23:25:56 CEST 2006

Firon Draak wrote:
> On 9/26/06, Corey Hickey <bugfood-ml at fatooh.org> wrote:
>
>> Michael Niedermayer fixed this in ffmpeg SVN r6337. Please update your
>> mplayer to current SVN and try it out.
>
> Still crashing on r6531 with the same error.

You meant to say "r6351", right? FFmpeg isn't up to r6531 yet. Anyway, I
don't have any problems with r6337+, myself.

- 'make distclean' and recompile (I guess you already tried that)

- Be sure you're not running an old mencoder binary sitting on your
system somewhere.

- Try a completely fresh svn checkout of mplayer.

- If all else fails, follow the bugreporting guidelines; maybe another
bug is biting you.

-Corey