[MPlayer-users] access on byte layer of mplayer

Marco Trudel mtrudel at gmx.ch
Tue Sep 26 17:25:06 CEST 2006

Hello list

I have encrypted videos that I'd like to decrypt and play in real time.
I wrote an HTTP server and let MPlayer read the data from it (all on
localhost). This way I can decrypt all data before it is sent to MPlayer.
This works great, except for one problem: It seems that MPlayer doesn't
know the length of a mpg that is streamed on http (it works for avi, I
didn't test other files).

So my questions:
- Is there a workaround for that? Another streaming protocol, MPlayer
flags, ...? How does MPlayer read the length of mpg streams?
- Are there other problems I might encounter on streaming?
- Is there a better solution to get access to all bytes sent to MPlayer
before MPlayer gets them? I can only think of streaming or by providing
the data on stdin. Because I'm in slave mode, I use streaming.

thanks
Marco