[MPlayer-users] mplayer install error on mac osx

David Shochat shochat at spamcop.net
Mon Sep 25 18:20:07 CEST 2006

Quoting Ivan Kowalenko <ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com>:

> On Sep 25, 2006, at 03.12, Gordon Tam wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've come across the following error while trying to install
> > mplayer on my mac osx.
>
> In the immortal words of Number 5: "INPUT! IIIIIINPUT!"
>
> What compiler are you using? What version? What architecture of Mac
> OS X are we using, and what version? Any particular version of XCode?
> And what configure line did you use?

Well, I am getting the same error reported by Gordon (I reported it to the list
a while back). So here is my configuration:
1. Compiler: gcc 4.0.1 (the Apple build that came with the Mac).
2. Arch: Intel core duo
3. OS: MacOS X 10.4.7 "Tiger"
4. XCode 2.4, which I downloaded after getting the Mac. This has the same
version of gcc (4.0.1) that was in the original XCode that came with the
computer.
5. I think I just used configure --enable-gui, unless I had to tell it where to
find something. It was a while ago.

I'm basically subscribed to the list in hopes of someone coming up with a patch
for this problem. Who knows, maybe I will. I don't know how deep/hard the
problem is. I figure it would compile if I didn't have the "essential codecs",
and that this is related to the fact that the binary "Cocoa" mplayer on the web
site doesn't handle a lot of .wmv files. I'm really stuck trying to even
understand the error message "too many #pragma options align=reset". I haven't
found this in the gcc documentation.
-- David