[MPlayer-users] mplayer library idea

Tobias Damisch tobias_damisch at gmx.at
Sun Sep 24 13:48:14 CEST 2006

Hello,

I just had an idea in the context of the dvd navigation discussion going on.
I have no deep insight into the current mplayer programming structure,
so please feel free to throw tomatoes at me!

What about making part of the mplayer code into a shared and/or static
library with clear interface, so it can be used (easily) from an
application? Like lame.dll. I imagine that if  functionality was divided that way,
writing graphical interfaces, implementing dvd navigation and such
stuff could be done in a much simpler and easier way.

The mplayer lib does the playback, but all the
keyPressEventHandling, mouseClickEventHandling, playlist management
and such stuff is done by the application that is using it.

Just my 2 cents,

    Tobias