[MPlayer-users] Autocrop Feature Request

Daniel Manjarres danmanj2 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 23:05:01 CEST 2006

On 9/23/06, Jonathan Nelson <ourfateisninja at yahoo.co.jp> wrote:

> My request is that the autocrop feature be expanded to
> include any solid color, not just black. If it's too
> difficult to do just any color, maybe adding an autodetect
> feature for just pure white would be nice, since the
> majority of these videos use pure wide bands

Well, the fsmp script shouldbe able to handle any static background
whatsoever, including rainbows. In fact, the hard part is getting it to work
on video files which are shot from a single camera angle: in that case it
thinks anything that doesn't move or change color is letterbox bars. I know
how to fix that problem, but since nobody has posted a complaint about it I
have not worked on it.

Daniel Manjarres