[MPlayer-users] Can't play DVD - No audio stream found?

Andrew Savchenko Bircoph at list.ru
Thu Sep 21 01:37:58 CEST 2006

On 21 Sep 2006 02:55, Alex Waterman wrote:
> Your problem appears to be that /dev/rtc is unopenable. Check the
> permissions on that device and
> make sure you have access to it. You need to have read permissions in
> order for the RTC to work.

It is a nonsense. RTC is NOT needed to mpayer's proper work. It is only
one way to make a/v sync; if rtc is used by default mplayers falls back
to nanosleep() if rtc is not accessible, or to usleep() if nanosleep()
isn't present in the system (by the way, I don't know any modern Linux
system withoun nanosleep()).

Seems mplayer simply can't find any audiostreams in this track. So try
following:
1) Upgrade to the latest SVN
2) Try different tracks (e.g., dvd://1-30)