[MPlayer-users] Upconverting?

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Wed Sep 20 21:23:57 CEST 2006

Tobias Damisch wrote:
> GP> MPlayer still lacks "fairies" support to invent the pixels in between,
> GP> needed to get a truly HD picture.
>
> Just get latest SVN and recompile with:
>
> --enable-fairies
>
> Then try adding -vf fscale=1600:1200 (or any other resolution you
> might desire) to your command line.

I fancy one can't do without 1920x1080. 1600x1200 would be 4:3, this is
sooo outdated by now :)
Therefore I propose: -vf fscale=1920:1080

Still, a filter for more 'vibrant colors' and such stuff (Intel's MMX
campaign anyone?) as well as audio-upsampling to at least 96kHz should
also be added. Not to mention increased time-resolution by outputting
50^H^H100 Frames per second, with interpolation of the interlying frames
of course, no simple frame doubling. And to make it still more
impressive, just make the sound also louder (still this trick already
applies for most of the dts tracks over DD tracks, so there's nothing
new there)

*g*
Cheers,
Alex