[MPlayer-users] Problem while switching audio streams (MKV and Vorbis)

Victor Farias nk21507 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 20 18:57:29 CEST 2006

Hello :)

I am using latest SVN (r19918) under a MinGW/msys environment.

When I try to switch audio streams in an MKV that contains more than one
Vorbis stream, MPlayer will crash or will start producing weird noises.

This behavior is only related to MKV and Vorbis streams (I tried playing MKV
files with more than one AAC/AC3 streams and the result was successful... No
crash, no weird sounds).

I think this problem was introduced between SVN r19546 and SVN r19651.

- Before SVN r19546, MPlayer was switching audio streams correctly (no
matter what kind of audio stream).

- After SVN r19546, MPlayer was not able to switch audio streams (it crashed
no matter what audio stream).

- After SVN r19651, MPlayer was only having problems with MKV files that
contain Vorbis streams.

There is also another problem related to Vorbis inside an MKV file. When an
AAC stream is before the Vorbis stream (e.g. AAC=track2 and Vorbis=track3)
and you try to switch the audio stream, MPlayer will think that the Vorbis
stream is AAC and will start flooding the console with error messages
related to AAC streams.

I have uploaded a test file ("vorbis-audio-switch.mkv") to:

ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/

... That file will help you to reproduce the problem.

My system: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ S939, 512MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE
(ForceWare 81.98), Windows XP Professional SP2.

I hope you can understand this report. If you need more information, just
ask for it.

Byes :p

* Sorry for my poor english.

Yakusoku wa iranai.