[MPlayer-users] Multiple undefined reference, I don't know whatto do.

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Sep 19 12:35:20 CEST 2006

Nico Sabbi wrote:

> The Wanderer wrote:
>
>>> I have installed the next library: libavcodec-dev, libavcodec0d,
>>> libavformat-dev, libavformat0d, libpostproc0d, libpostproc-dev,
>>> but nothing :-(.
>>
>> Most of this would probably be because MPlayer does not use
>> external FFmpeg - in other words, installing libav* packages does
>> you no good at all unless some other program wants them. You have
>> to have copies of the libav* source directories inside your MPlayer
>> source tree.
>
> what are you saying? I committed code to support external libavcodec
> and libavformat several months ago, and since then I've been using
> them this way

...news to me; here I thought I'd been paying attention. In that case
I've got zero idea why this is failing, especially since (as he's now
informed us) he does in fact have the libav* source in his MPlayer tree.

...unless he just hasn't done 'make distclean' or the like, and is still
using outdated builds of the libraries? Stab in the dark...

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.