[MPlayer-users] Multiple undefined reference, I don't know what to do.

RokleToR FuRy rokletor at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 07:11:23 CEST 2006

Hi The Wanderer:

On 9/18/06, The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:
> RokleToR FuRy wrote:
>
> > Hi to all, first, congratulations by this great MPlayer. I have been
> > using it for a year without no problem. Recently I changed to Debian
> > Sid (before Debian Sarge) and the problemas began. When compiling I
> > do not have problems, but doing "make" I obtain an error
>
> This is contradictory; running 'make' is what starts the compile. Did
> you mean "when configuring"?

Yes, you are right. "when compiling" is wrong. The configuration options are:

./configure --enable-gui --enable-largefiles
--with-codecsdir=/usr/local/lib/codecs/
--with-win32libdir=/usr/local/lib/codecs/
--with-xvidlibdir=/usr/local/lib/
--with-xvidincdir=/usr/local/include/

> > I have installed the next library: libavcodec-dev, libavcodec0d,
> > libavformat-dev, libavformat0d, libpostproc0d, libpostproc-dev, but
> > nothing :-(.
>
> You have to have copies of the
> libav* source directories inside your MPlayer source tree.

Review inside my source tree. I have the libav*. Everything in sequence.

I obtained from http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html.

> Most of the possible means of obtaining it should, AFAIR, provide you with the                 > relevant directories automatically... but it's been long enough since I've had to
> set up an MPlayer tree from scratch that perhaps I've forgotten something.

Thanks to help me. I will continue investigating this error. Maybe I
have to change anything in mpegvideo.c or *.c ???. Well, I don't know.

Greetings!!