[MPlayer-users] Upconverting?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 17:33:10 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 9/18/06, Grant <emailgrant at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I've read that some consumer DVD players can "upconvert" the
> > > resolution of DVDs to HD resolutions, and people are reporting that
> > > this is improving the picure quality.
> >
> > You know, ppl don't always do or say the smart things. This is one
> > example. Another example is to shoot yourself in the foot.
>
> Yeah... I'm going to have to go ahead and say -> What are you talking about???

It's just that up converting (as in: re-encoding an up scaled picture)
is a very dumb idea.

MPlayer still lacks "fairies" support to invent the pixels in between,
needed to get a truly HD picture.

In other words: you won't get an HD picture just thanks to upscaling.

Guillaume
--
With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!