[MPlayer-users] trouble with v4l2 and mplayer

GAEREMYNCK Matthieu matthieu.gaeremynck at eurocontrol.int
Mon Sep 18 14:18:39 CEST 2006

Gents,

I am trying to build a PVR with freevo and I got stuck on the configuration of mplayer.

when I try to watch tv via mplayer with command
mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l:width=320:height=240 everything works fine. I got sound and video. This works if I tuned on a channel first with tvtime or an other tv app.

Now when I try to do the same this with :
mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:width=320:height=240
I get the image but no sound.

After searching through the ussual support channels I tried to unmute my sound with :
v4lctl volume mute off
Now I got the sound of the TV even without having a tv app open, help ?

Once this works I would like to be able to capture this sound with mencoder where I have the same problem, but here even if I unmute the sound it is still not recorded.

Who can help me troubleshoot this problem or help me on the right path ?

I am using ubuntu dapper drake 6.06 with all latest updates.
the mplayer version = 2:0.99+1.0pre7try2+cvs20060117-ubuntu8

Sincerely,

Matthieu Gaeremynck

System Engineer
> DF/MIS/SM
> @PEOC (The Consortium)
>
> Rue de la Fusée, 96
> B-1130 Brussels
> Belgium

*:+32 2 729 31 38
*: Matthieu.Gaeremynck at eurocontrol.int

____

This message and any files transmitted with it are legally privileged and intended for the sole use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Any unauthorised use or disclosure of the content of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Nothing in this e-mail message amounts to a contractual or legal commitment on the part of EUROCONTROL, unless it is confirmed by appropriately signed hard copy.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender.