[MPlayer-users] Missing indexes?

Joe Colburn joe at inexo.com
Fri Sep 8 20:10:19 CEST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: mplayer-users-bounces at mplayerhq.hu
[mailto:mplayer-users-bounces at mplayerhq.hu] On Behalf Of RC
On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:58:02 -0700
> Do you have this problem playing the file directly with MPlayer or any
other program?

Actually, yes.  When I open the URL directly in MS Windows Media Player (XP
Pro), the same thing happens.  If I open the same url again after I have
already done so once, it then works properly.

> That's a start, but the exact command-line you're using would be quite
helpful right now.

Here's my command line.  The $timestamp is the date and time as
vid4_yymmdd_-_hhmmss and it's being done with exec() from inside a PHP
script so that I can capture the video in 30 minute chunks (I'm testing 60
second chunks currently) and write details to a DB.

mencoder /videos/raw/vid4_".$timestamp.".mjpg -nosound -endpos 60 -of mpeg
-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video -oac copy -o
/videos/mpg/vid4_".$timestamp.".mpg >>
/videos/logs/encode_".$timestamp.".txt 2>&1 &

Thanks
Joe