[MPlayer-users] Horizontal lines around edges

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 05:04:39 CEST 2006

> > I'm seeing horizontal lines around the edges of on-screen objects when
> > they are in motion.  I've tried 3 DVDs and 2 clearly have the problem
> > and 1 clearly does not.  What can I do about this?
>
> This is known as "telecine". Now that you know what to search for, there
> are lots of discussions about it, here and elsewhere.

I tried -vf ivtc and it seems to clean up the artifacts by about
30%-40% but there are plenty left.  Is that because my CPU is not fast
enough?

-vf ivtc also seems to negate the effects of -framedrop.  When I use
both of them, the audio and video get out of sync like it does when
I'm not using -framedrop.

- Grant