[MPlayer-users] Re: Romanian Fonts.

Piotr Stachura albert1 at autocom.pl
Tue Sep 5 10:54:16 CEST 2006

Dnia poniedziałek, 4 września 2006 11:54, Roger Krowiak napisał:
> I had the same problem with slovak/czech subtitles with 1.0pre8 on
> Slackware-current, I had to downgrade to 1.0pre7
>
> On 9/4/06, Lucian Lancea <swimm3r at gmail.com> wrote:
> > hello
> > I use MPlayer 1.0pre8-rpm.livna.org-4.1.1 and I cant see al romanian
> > fonts in the subtitle. I choise ISO8859-2 ... I dont know what to do
> > something else. Please Help me. Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > Kind regards / Mit freundlichem Gruß
> >
> > Lucian Lancea
> >
> > email: swimm3r at gmail.com

Hi, I'm not using Slackware but take a look into config. A lots of polish
(ISO8859-2) subtitles is encoded using CP1250...
Try set something like that (this works for me):
~/.mplayer/config:

slang = pol,eng
alang = jpn,eng,pol
font="/home/piotr/.mplayer/subfont.ttf"
ffactor = 1
spuaa = 4
subfont-text-scale = 3
subcp = enca:pl:cp1250
ao = esd
vo = xv
fontconfig = 1
nocache = 1

Mplayer will try to use good encoding, but if failed it will use cp1250 (you
can change it to anything else :P)
Of course subfont.ttf must be a valid font and path to it must exist, it can
be a symlink (I'm using arial).
--
Piotr Stachura