[MPlayer-users] mplayer fails to play ogg audio file.

navaladi a navaladi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 06:24:01 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have little problem playing ogg audio file.

masternode at debian:~/gplv3-audio$ mplayer part-1.ogg
MPlayer 1.0pre8-3.3.5 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU:               Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (Family: 15,
Model: 4, Stepping: 9)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2

Linux RTC init error in ioctl (rtc_irqp_set 1024): Permission denied
Try adding "echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq" to your
system startup scripts.

Playing part-1.ogg.
[Ogg] stream 0: audio (Speex), -aid 0
Ogg file format detected.
Requested audio codec family [speex] (afm=speex) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x20787073.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: init_audio_codec
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
  Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
  disassembly. Details in DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
  gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
  DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't and
  won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible bug.
masternode at debian:~/gplv3-audio$

masternode at debian:~/gplv3-audio$ file part-1.ogg
part-1.ogg: Ogg data, Speex audio
masternode at debian:~/gplv3-audio$

masternode at debian:~/gplv3-audio$ ogg123 part-1.ogg

Audio Device:   OSS audio driver output

Error opening part-1.ogg using the oggvorbis module.  The file may be corrupted.

masternode at debian:~/gplv3-audio$

Also xine player plays with no sound.I have placed all the codecs in
/usr/lib/win32.
all files are supported except this ogg audio.

Thanks

--
-Navaladi

It does not matter what your computer can do;But what u can do with computer :)