[MPlayer-users] [BUG] mencoder cannot encode to the required bitrate

陆然 hephooey at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 10:03:24 CEST 2006

Hi,

Here I found a file that cannot be encoded to the specified bitrate with lavc,
I have tried the following command lines:

mencoder -v -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=300 -o
test.avi rate_control.avi

gives me a test.avi with ~250 kbit/s

mencoder -v -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=400 -o
test.avi rate_control.avi

gives me a test.avi with ~330 kbit/s

mencoder -v -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=400:vpass=1 -o
test.avi rate_control.avi
mencoder -v -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=400:vpass=2 -o
test.avi rate_control.avi

gives me 330.686 kbit/s in the first pass and 323.525 kbits/s in the second
pass

If I set the bitrate to 500:

mencoder -v -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=500 -o
test.avi rate_control.avi

I get a ~400 kbit/s result.

I'm using SVN-r19632, and the output does not give something suspicious,
anyway you can download the sample (12M) at

http://qterm.sf.net/rate_control.avi

BTW, where does ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming go? I tried to upload the
sample there but cannot find it.

--
Best Regards,
LR