[SPAM DETECT] Re: [MPlayer-users] Some problems with -ass subtitles

Pepe rvm3000 at ya.com
Tue Oct 31 00:03:00 CET 2006

El Lunes, 30 de Octubre de 2006 20:22, Evgeniy Stepanov escribió:
> On Monday 30 October 2006 19:59, Pepe wrote:
> > I'm using linux, freetype2-2.1.9-3.
> >
> > The command line:
> > mplayer video.avi -ass -vf scale=1280:-2 -ass-font-scale 1.3 -fontconfig
> > -font utopia -vo x11
> >
> > Other options I have in ~/.mplayer/config:
> > spuaa = 4
> > font = /home/ricardo/.fonts/arialbd.ttf
> > subfont-autoscale = 1
> > subfont-text-scale = 5
> > subcp = latin1
> > ffactor = 1
> >
> > Screenshot:
> > http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/d568a70161.jpg
> >
> > I used the font utopia, because it happens a lot with that font.
> >
> > Here is a screenshot with the default font and -ass-font-scale 1.2, there
> > are some transparency in the last two words:
> > http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/6af6fc4b5e.jpg
> >
> > > Also, does this effect go away if you change font or movie resolution ?
> >
> > I think that when the font is smaller it looks better, but the effect
> > doesn't go away completly. Utopia has this effect even with a smaller
> > font.
> >
> > Screenshot with the default font (and -ass-font-scale 1.2) and not
> > scaling the movie:
> > http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/ea3d83c088.jpg
> >
> > The same but with the utopia font:
> > http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/ddd8562bc0.jpg
>
> Can't reproduce. Utopia is the font from X.Org named UTRG____.pfa ? mplayer
> -v will show the location of the font.

Yes, this is what mplayer -v says:

fontconfig_select: (utopia, 80, 0)
-> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/UTRG____.pfa, 0

> Anyway, try this patch. It should solve the problem, but the outlines
> become a little ugly.

I cannot compile it:

libass/libass.a(ass_bitmap.o)(.text+0x167): In function
`glyph_to_bitmap_internal':
: undefined reference to `FT_Bitmap_Embolden'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mplayer] Error 1

I'm using the sources from 1.0rc1.

--