[MPlayer-users] MPlayer-Windows hangs once in a while?

Peter Hunt pe1rfr at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 29 16:40:25 CET 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm using MPlayer-Windows to listen to a MMS-stream of a friend of mine.
It can work for hours, of even days, but after a while it will hang.
The scrolling file(stream)name will stop, the timer wil stop I am still able
to push several buttons, access "preferences", but when I try to exit,
nothing happens....

The only solution is CTRL-ALT-DELETE, terminate the MPlayer process
and reconnect again. That's really a pity, cause I'm also recording that
stream and sometimes it stops after a few hours, sometimes after a
few days.... First I thought that this could be caused by an IP-change
of the stream (no static IP), but it "crashed" twice this weekend, while
the IP didn't change....

Anyone familiar with this problem?

Best regards,

Peter Hunt.