[MPlayer-users] Wrong size with WMV1

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Fri Oct 27 11:33:10 CEST 2006

On Friday, 27 October 2006 at 11:24, RC wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:04:04 +0200
> Boris Herbinière-Sève <boris.seve at drillscan.com> wrote:
>
> > File is available here : http://www.adnx.net/MPlayer/l7cmc.wmv
>
> Your output doesn't show any indications of any other dimentions
> than 320x240.  No reason MPlayer would be resizing the window.

There is a clue:
using Xvideo port 48 for hw scaling
[xv] dx: 0 dy: 0 dw: 676 dh: 240
*** [vo] Allocating (slices) mp_image_t, 320x240x12bpp YUV planar, 115200 bytes
[xv] dx: 0 dy: 0 dw: 676 dh: 240
*** [vo] Allocating (slices) mp_image_t, 320x240x12bpp YUV planar, 115200 bytes

> I just tried the sample with dev-SVN-r20462-3.3.6 and it opens a 320x240
> window as it should.  I have to suggest trying with a different window
> manager (or without any window manager), though I wouldn't expect KDE to
> be doing anything strange.

Which leads me to suggest that MPlayer window size settings are somehow
being overridden by the window manager. Boris, look for some "remember
window size and position" setting in your window manager and disable it.

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://rpm.greysector.net/mplayer/