[MPlayer-users] script control of playback

Morris Beverly morrisb at avpresentations.com
Fri Oct 27 02:41:24 CEST 2006

OK, I'm a complete dope.  I haven't been able to figure out how to send
text commands (like pause, get_time_pos, etc) to the stdin so that I can
control mplayer.

I'm using the -slave option, but I'm just not getting the commands to do
anything.  I can get the -input commands to work fine with my input.conf
file and keystroke input.  I've tried to use the run command in the
input.conf file:    F5 run echo "pause".  I've also tried to run shell
scripts with   echo "pause"  in them via the run command as in:   F5 run
pause_script.sh  and it simply echos the text to the console without
affecting mplayer.

The reason I need this is so I can run multiple commands with a single
keystroke rather than having a separate keystroke for each command.

I assume this is a simple shell thing, possibly related to redirecting
output, that I'm not getting.

Any ideas?

thanks,

morris