[MPlayer-users] Cycle trough audio tracks at runtime

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 19:58:28 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 10/26/06, sefi <sefi at s-e-f-i.de> wrote:
> Nico Sabbi wrote:
> > sefi wrote:
> >
> >> I asked the same question earlier and the outcome was that cycling
> >> trough audio tracks at runtime would only work on mpeg or matroska.
> >> Unfortunalety it doesn't work on matroska. I created a testfile which
> >> has two audio channels. They are detected by mplayer at startup.
> >> Cycling through them using '#' doesn't work. -aid <integer> works
> >> though.
> >>
> >> What is really suspicious is that the key '#' isn't even bound to
> >> something related to audio in mplayer's input.conf.
> >> I issued mplayer -input cmdlist and found a command called
> >> switch_audio <integer> there. I then tried to bind it to the key 'a'
> >> using "a switch_audio +1", but still it doesn't work.
> >>
> >> All of this was tested using mplayer-1.0_rc1.
> >> Any help would be appreciated.
> >

> > sample
> >

> Sample what? It says it works with matroska but it doesn't. What's the
> matter? That's all I want to know.

works fine here (are we such fools to advertise features that aren't
working at all?), with all tracks as ac3, or all tracks as ogg, or...

note that it doesn't work well with mixed codecs

Please upload your sample.

Guillaume
--
With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!