[MPlayer-users] script control of playback

Steve Dibb steve at wonkabar.org
Wed Oct 25 17:31:01 CEST 2006

Morris Beverly wrote:

> Does anyone have examples or pointers to articles on using scripts to
> control playback in mplayer?
>
> In particular, I'd like to find a way to start in paused mode at a
> particular frame or time and, once started in playback, pause on a
> particular frame or time.

Morris, I've written a script which will work with LIRC and will save
playback position on exit, and resume playback when you start the same
file again.  I don't know if that's what you're looking for or not.

Dev site is down, but you can download it from my website:
http://wonkabar.org/~steve/downloads/mplayer-resume/

Steve