[MPlayer-users] mms playback don't work anymore [solved]

Hans du Plooy koffiejunkielistlurker at koffiejunkie.za.net
Tue Oct 24 04:20:58 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 21:57 -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> > MPlayer dev-SVN-rUNKNOWN-4.1.0 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
>
> Oh, what a giveaway.

Yeah, it is SVN too, so there could be a bug that's messing it up for
me.

I managed to get it going.  Went to the "listen" page, looked at the
source, downloaded the like (a text file, which referenced another text
file), downloaded that file, and tried playing that with mplayer
-playlist

Works now.  Strange though, is that the second file has the same link in
I was trying to play directly, which I used to play directly before.

> Building from source is always recommended. Building from the latest
> development source is usually recommended. (At least for this project -
> for some projects it is very much NOT recommended.)
I used to (since mplayer 0.11 or something thereabouts), before there
were well built packages for SUSE.  But these days I just get them from
packman, for two reasons:
1) They have support for all the stuff I do
2) With the latest compilers (4.1.0 on SUSE 10.1) I actually find the
packman builds work better than the ones I build by hand.  I assume this
is the result of packman using appropriate patches to deal with the
newer versions of gcc.

Thanks
Hans