[MPlayer-users] Anyone created an AVI (XviD) using mencoder whichplayson stand-alone player?

Vijay Gill vijay.s.gill at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 12:01:08 CEST 2006

> there's a program for windows called "mp4 modifier" or something like that,
> but take into account that the resulting A/R will be distorted

Yes I had used that software in the past but did not get desired
results. I am more inclined to have something command line so that I
may script the whole process.

Does mencoder not allow changing just PAR of an AVI file witout
re-encoding it? My own guess is no, because PAR is xvid codec's option
and thus XviD has to be in the chain and that means re-encoding.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Vijay