[MPlayer-users] Re: Time Codes?

Dan A. Dickey dan.dickey at savvis.net
Mon Oct 16 21:33:22 CEST 2006

On Monday 16 October 2006 11:35, Dan A. Dickey wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can extract the time codes for mpeg videos?
> There seems to be some debug output in libavcodec/mpeg12.c in
> mpeg_decode_gop() - where it does a debug log of the hours, minutes,
> seconds, etc...  However - I can't figure out how to run mplayer/mencoder
> so that it triggers this output.  Any help?

Figured it out finally...  It was as simple as:
mplayer -nosound -vc ffmpeg2 -lavdopts debug=0x1 -vo null -benchmark video.mpg

And I get the GOP lines interspersed along with lots of other stuff.

Does anyone know of a mechanism to make this extraction just a bit "nicer"?
Preferably through mplayer, alternatively via some other software...  Thanks!
	-Dan

--
Dan A. Dickey
dan.dickey at savvis.net