[MPlayer-users] Dumping wrong audio track

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Mon Oct 16 17:42:04 CEST 2006

Jeff Schiller wrote:
> When doing the following:
>
> $ mplayer dvd://1 -chapter 1-1 -alang en
>
> The video plays with the proper English track.
>
> When doing the following:
>
> $ mplayer dvd://1 -chapter 1-1 -alang en -dumpstream
> $ mv stream.dump test.mpg
> $ mplayer test.mpg

dumping preserves all audio streams, so you can still choose which
audiostream you want to play. But you have to specify -aid xxx, not
-alang en, which only works in conjunction with a IFO file on DVD.

> The resultant MPG file plays the improper audio track (French).  The
> resultant audio track is the same as if I had done:
>
> $ mplayer dvd://1 -chapter 1-1
>
> Even if I do:
>
> $ mplayer test.mpg -alang en
>
> I still get the same improper audio track.

"-alang en" uses the information in the IFO about what language is
mapped to what AID. use -aid 128 or something else (the same number
mplayer displays when playing from DVD, or use -v to show 'em all)

> What am I doing wrong?  MPlayer dev-SVN-r18883-4.0.3

hth,
Alex