[MPlayer-users] mplayer in browser

Edward Dunagin edunagin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 01:31:31 CEST 2006

hey kevin,

On 10/10/06, Kevin DeKorte <kdekorte at gmail.com> wrote:
> Edward Dunagin wrote:
> > hello again kevin,

> >> Try setting the vo to x11 and then run the tests found on the
> >> mplayerplug-in website.
> >
> > set it to x11...and ran the tests.
> >
> > test test.mov was fine.
> >
> > nothing on avi,,,no video or sound. in fact it would not come
> > in..didnt download.
> >
> > test ..test.mpg got a video but no sound.
> >
> >> http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/testing.php
> >
> > wil it do any good to send the terminal printout?
> >
> > Peace,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ed
>
> Well you can take this discussion to the mplayerplug-in mailing lists,
> but it sounds like your mplayer is not quite right. I would suggest
> removing and reinstalling it, and make sure you have the essential codec
> packages.

i had the essentails codecs and loaded it. i hate to be a bother
again, but i have over 10000 file in /etc/mplayer/mplayer and asorted
others on my disk.
i think i got all of these from first loading mplayer 8. then
svn........so is there an easy way to do this?
i can easily take out the directory, /etc/mplayer/mplayer....but not
sure of the other files.