[MPlayer-users] Advanding to next keyframe

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Oct 11 01:44:08 CEST 2006

Ergzay wrote:

> If you fast forward using a left or right arrow key you jump to the
> closest keyframe at 10 seconds from the current position (or atleast
> thats my understanding of it). Is there some way to jump to just the
> next keyframe? I do Quality Checking for an anime fansub group and I
> often find myself rewinding and re-watching a section over and over
> and I would like to fast forward or rewind by a smaller increment
> than 10. Is there some way to do this?

Just bind a key to 'seek +1'. See '-input' in the man page for how to
adjust keybindings, and read etc/input.conf in the source tree for the
defaults.

You won't always necessarily be able to seek to the next keyframe, but
more fine-grained seeking than ten-second intervals is certainly
possible if there actually is a keyframe in that gap.

(Which group, by the way?)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.