[MPlayer-users] Wonderful Player

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Oct 10 22:28:12 CEST 2006

Edward Dunagin wrote:

> On 10/10/06, The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Edward Dunagin wrote:

>>> thanks corey, but i have a problem. i did a google and found an
>>> svn file but is had an .mo extension..i never heard of this not
>>> did google tell me much.
>>>
>>> i did find an essentials file that  i built but it made no
>>> difference.
>>>
>>> so tell me, where can i find the svn file that you are talking
>>> about?
>
> hi..thanks for wandering in.
>
>> There is no such thing as an "svn file". SVN, or Subversion, is a
>> version control system somewhat like CVS.
>
> soundds like a CIA plot.

Kind of does, yeah. I never did hear the reasoning behind the name.

>> It is a way of handling the source code from which the program is
>> compiled. By using a Subversion client
>
> subversion client?? is this a special application. if so. where do i
> find it?

Not a "special" application, any more than most applications with
specific purposes are special - but yes, an application which you have
to have installed in order to deal with Subversion repositories (much as
you have to have a mail client installed to send or read E-mail).

Googling on "Subversion" and hitting I Feel Lucky will get you the
official Website, http://subversion.tigris.org/. Download instructions
for a number of different platforms (as well as links to the source code
if you want to compile that - though I wouldn't recommend it in this
case) can be found at http://subversion.tigris.org/project_packages.html.

>> and following the instructions on the MPlayer Website, you can get
>> a copy of the most recent version of the MPlayer source code, and
>> then compile that yourself into a copy of the most recent version
>> of MPlayer.
>
> well i tried to do this, BUT see my note to corey<sigh>

As Corey said, the most likely reason is that you do not have a
Subversion client installed. See above.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.