[MPlayer-users] Wonderful Player

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Oct 10 20:34:22 CEST 2006

Edward Dunagin wrote:
> but i'm still stumped:=(.  i used the command :svn checkout
> svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer in a root terminal and

There's no need to use root for downloading and compiling software.

What was the error message? I know you're new to this kind of thing, but
you have to learn to give more detailed information when you have a problem.

Anyway, I'm guessing you don't have subversion installed. Your
distribution probably provides a package; for instance, if you're using
Debian (and all/most Debian-based distributions, like Ubuntu), you would
use 'apt-get install subversion'.

By the way, did you compile mplayer 1.0pre8 yourself or did you find a
precompiled package somewhere?

-Corey