[MPlayer-users] HDTV Sound

Raena Lea-Shannon raen at internode.on.net
Sat Oct 7 16:35:55 CEST 2006

On Saturday 07 October 2006 18:26, RC wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 21:14:35 +0200
>
> Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
> > I can hear sound perfectly weel. What's the matter?
>
> Since you couldn't reproduce the problem, I looked into it more.
>
> It seems alang=en in my mplayer.conf is to blame...  Wouldn't have
> expected that.

I have sorted it out. It was the audio driver. I have an Asus A8N SLI using
onboard sound which is NVidia CK804 and the Nvidia drivers stuff up the OSS.
For some reason it only caused a problem with playing ABC HDTV.

If anyone knows what drivers to use to get the onboard to play 5.1 I would
appreciate the advice.

Thanks