[MPlayer-users] Re: Questions

for.ad at free.fr for.ad at free.fr
Thu Oct 5 13:06:00 CEST 2006

1/ I just want to know why the xvideo driver don't work in the subversion and the x11 do ?

xv and x11 both work in mine. What are your hardware specs? Also copy
the output of mplayer when you try to use xv video.

> > MPlayer dev-SVN-r20033-4.0.3 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
> > CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ (Family: 15, Model: 12, Stepping: 0)
> > CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
> > Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE SSE2
> > I can switch to xvideo driver into kmplayer only and it say "mplayer not ready" it is not present in mplayer gui

2/ Is Matroska format is fully supported ? cause my movie just play sound, there is no display.

Matroska is a container format meaning that it can have different
codecs used for video and audio. It would help if you also copy the
output of mplayer when you try to play the file.

> > The format of the video in the Matroska file is REAL/RV40
While mplayer playing it, there is message that say : "Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x30345652